Wednesday, February 17, 2010

ZUCCHINI PANCAKES

These simple zucchini pancakes makes a great breakfast or side dish. They're light and low in carbs and are absolutely delicious!

INGREDIENTS:

2 medium zucchini, grated,

2 green onion, finely chopped,

1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped,

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder,

2 eggs,

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese,

6-8 tablespoons flour,

salt and pepper to taste,

olive oil spray;

DIRECTIONS:

Grate the zucchini using the large holes of a cheese grater and place in a large bowl. Add flour, green onions, garlic, parsley, , eggs, cheese, salt and pepper.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray oil to cover pan. Drop 1 tablespoon of the batter into the skillet to form each pancake. Cook about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Set aside and keep warm. Spray more oil in the skillet as needed, and continue with remaining batter.

Photobucket

Today's picture!

10 comments:

  1. I make these often, I like theme, but we eat theme for dinner...kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrizia, thank you for stopping by and comment!
    I'm glad to know that you like pancakes for dinner;
    I think I can have them all day! :)
    kisses ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara Nina,
    ma che meraviglia di ricetta!
    E' sempre un piacere per me passare di qui!
    Un abbraccio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao Luna...e sempre un piacere per me to see you di qui; grazie, grazie cara;
    baciones

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made Zucchini pancakes before, although slightly different I know the flavour, so anyone viewing this recipe must make it as is super delicious and is a great accompaniment for both fish or meat dishes (or if you prefer to be eaten on their own with a little formage frais) great post ..thanks kisses xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rico, you are so hired! :)) I will post the photos and you will describe the taste and give suggestions! I love the way you are visioning the taste; Katy from Food for a hungry soul is also fantastic on her speech; you both rock!!! Thank you so much my dear virtual friends!
    ...XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart is lifted at the sight of these beautiful spring flowers.

    Love zucchini pancakes. Have not made them in ages. Now I see yours and I must make them soon.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Katy dearest, thank you so much for stopping by and admire my lovely "garden"... I love flowers as much as I love food!
    have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete