skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- 2 cups flour,
- 1 cup Hershey’s dark cocoa,
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda,
- 1/2 tsp salt,
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk,
- 1/4 c strong, cold coffee,
- 1 tsp vanilla extract,
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened,
- 1 1/2 cup sugar,
- 3 large eggs;
- 1 pk. cream cheese,softened,
- 1 1/2 cups powder sugar,
- 1 tsp vanilla extract;
- maraschino cherries;
- (whipped cream and strawberries - optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray the muffin pan (18 approx.)
- Combine the dry ingredients, and set aside.
- Combine the buttermilk, coffee, and vanilla and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and creamed. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add the flour and milk mixtures in alternating batches, beginning and ending with the flour. Combine cream cheese, powder sugar and vanilla extract; mix until smooth and set aside.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan 1/2 way; top with 1 tsp. cream cheese mixture; add 1 maraschino cherry and press gently. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Dust with powder sugar or top with whipped cream and seasonal fresh fruit(optional)